Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of the Unwrap UVW modifier, part of 3ds Max: UVW Mapping.
- When it really comes down to it,…the only way that we can gain almost total control…over how and where our mapping coordinates are placed…on a mesh, would be to flatten out the UVs,…as we might with a sheet of paper,…and then lovingly craft the placements of them.…For this reason, the unwrap UVW modifier can,…in many ways, be described as the most powerful…and versatile part of the 3ds Max's UVW mapping tool set.…In this particular video, as we want to run through…a quick overview of the tool options found…on the unwrap modifier, we will, first of all,…need to go ahead and apply it…to a portion of our robot geometry.…
In this instance, the hand nearest the camera…should do nicely, so let's select that,…come over to the modifier tab, and if I,…in the modifier list, start to type U N W, you can see…that we jump straight to the Unwrap UVW modifier,…meaning that we can just hit the enter key…in order to apply it.…As this geometry already has our test material…applied to it, we straightaway see…the test map image pop into place.…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.