Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of 3ds Max: Cinematography for Visualization.
- [Narrator] In this course, we've covered…the core techniques of camera operation in 3DS Max,…but there is always more to learn and explore.…What you've learned in the course…should serve you well for most productions,…but if you need to extend your technique,…then the area to study next is rigging.…In fact, you may want to get familiar…with the principles of character animation…such as inverse kinematics.…An intermediate skill level with character rigging…gets you comfortable with nearly any camera setup…no matter how baroque or complicated.…A basic skill level with MAXScript…wire parameters and expressions…is also recommended for professional camera operators.…
Those topics are out of the frame of this course,…but please search our online library…for other courses on those topics.…Also, please take a few moments…to provide feedback for this course,…so we can continue to improve our training.…It's been my honor to share my…knowledge of 3D camera techniques,…and I hope you've achieved your learning goals.…Thanks a lot for watching, and goodbye.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.