Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Outputting rendered footage to After Effects, part of 3ds Max: Rendering for Composites.
- Having either automatically or perhaps even…manually installed the required files…for the Autodesk Compositor Link,…we're going, in this video, to walk through the process…of creating a Compositor Link .SOF file…from inside 3ds Max.…That can then be used to easily bring…the already composited footage that we have…into After Effects itself.…To do that, let's go ahead and from inside…our 3ds Max scene file,…open up the State Sets UI,…making certain, of course, that we also have…the Compositor View Render Element window open as well.…
Coming back to the Compositor Menu in the State Sets UI,…we can see that one of the options available here…is entitled Compositor Link.…When we click it, we get a new Compositor Link tab…that gives us control over exactly what,…in terms of assets, we are going to want to transfer…from 3ds Max.…This can include, as you can see,…Cameras, Lights, Solids, Nulls,…and of course, Rendered Footage.…
Now, whilst Cameras and Lights…are pretty much self-explanatory,…the terms Solids and Nulls refer to the fact that…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.