In this video, learn how to compose technical engineering views.
- [Instructor] Technical illustrations often overcome…the problems of perspective distortion…by rendering images without perspective at all.…This is to say that there are other forms…of projecting 3D scenes into the 2D world…of the screen or page.…Our eyes see the world in perspective,…but for clarity in visual communication,…tech illustrations use orthographic…and isometric projections.…These are common methods for eliminating…the distance-based distortion…of perspective rendering.…
In an ortho, or isometric view,…objects do not become smaller in the frame…as they move away from the viewer.…Measurements on the screen are proportional…to measurements in the 3D scene.…The simplest of these projection methods…is the orthographic view.…The lines of projection from the viewer into the scene…are parallel to one another,…instead of diverging out from the camera lens.…The viewpoint is actually a view plane.…This view plane is perpendicular to one…of the three axes of X, Y, Z space…and can be oriented in the positive…or negative direction.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.