Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video One final tweak, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Narrator] In this penultimate video for the chapter,…we're going to go ahead and make one final tweak…to the quality of the render that we are getting from Vray.…Now we did mention back in the previous chapter…that we do have the ability to increase the resolution…of our substance graph before it is output…from the substance designer application,…which would in turn of course increase the quality…of the final renders that we are getting from it.…A much more sensible approach in my honest opinion however…is to make those kinds of changes right here…in 3ds Max itself.…
To that end, then, let's open up the material editor…and in the world material tab, double click to load…our substance options into the parameter editor.…Now there are in fact two different ways…that we could go about doing things here.…One would be to make our change…in the global substance settings rollout…where we are currently set…to use a global substance resolution of 1024 by 1024.…While we could, as I will here, make the change…in the texture size rollout, where the first thing…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.