Transform camera sensor to offset the frame.
- [Instructor] One of the many advantages of the physical…camera, is its ability to emulate a so-called view camera,…or a tilt-shift camera that allows the independent…movement of the lens and the sensor.…In this case, we can use the lens shift effect of the…physical camera to more interestingly compose our shot…while still giving the freedom…of orbiting around the scene,…and taking it in from slightly different angles.…
Right now, I've got a physical camera with a target.…The target is placed at the visual center of interest,…which is this plant on the table top.…And I'll go over to the viewport controls,…down here on the right,…and we've got Orbit Camera.…Click on that, and click in the physical camera,…and you can see we're able to orbit, or tumble,…around that plant.…But it's dead center in the middle of the frame,…and that's not a very visually interesting place…for it to be.…
We an offset it, so we can obey the design rule of thirds.…The obvious way to do that is to simply move the target.…We could try that.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.