Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Joel] Now that you have come to the end…of our Low Poly Modeling and Unwrapping course,…a question you may be asking is, "What next?"…Well, as noted at the conclusion…of the final exercise in the course,…possibly the first thing you will want to try…is assembling the finished asset by yourself,…taking care to preserve the existing UV mapping…as you copy or duplicate the various match elements…needed in order to complete the robot asset.…Of course, if you find yourself struggling with this,…I have also provided you with the…SM_Lowpoly_Final.max file…which contains the completed asset…for you to take a look at.…
After doing this, you may want to augment…the normal maps that we created in the course…by adding all the map types,…which is diffuse, roughness, and ambient occlusion…into the mix.…So essentially creating a final texture,…our materials settled for the asset.…Courses, such as my own,…up and running with Substance Designer…and Substance Painter: Petrol Pump Game Asset…along with Wes McDermott's…Substance Painter Essential Training…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.