Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] Although this is the end of the course,…I believe there are many things…that you can do and you must do.…Some of things I would recommend here…is that taking the same model…once you have composited everything…and learned the art of composition as well…and compositing different layers,…what you can do is apply an FFD modifier…on different parts of this model,…including the top part here and this part over here…just like we did to make some changes to these areas.…
Again, apply an FFD modifier…and make this even bulkier and try to add…some more angles here and go to the extremes…of stylization by changing the shapes…and making everything even bulkier than currently it is.…I will also recommend that you do use…the other technique of texturing that I mentioned.…One was the hand-painting technique.…If you feel that's kind of difficult…and time-consuming, you can take simple textures…and apply filters onto them…and use them over the same building…and see how you get the result without using DDO.…
And I'm sure the result will be absolutely stunning.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.