Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of 3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017).
- [Aaron] In this course, we've covered many…of the common lighting workflows for visualization,…illustration, and motion pictures,…and yet, there are many interesting techniques…still unexplored.…Lighting is closely linked to materials, camera, and layout.…I invite you to search through the training library…for these subjects, as we are always adding new courses,…and I would be remiss if I didn't mention…that the options for rendering are changing.…As of this publication, Autodesk's subsidiary,…Solid Angle, has developed a beta version…of the Arnold renderer for 3ds Max.…
This is really something to look forward to…because Arnold exceeds all expectations…for quality, speed, and flexibility.…Once again, search the online library…because by the time you see this, we may have added…a course in Arnold for 3ds Max.…For now, we've got a firm footing in Mental Ray and ART,…as well as the general concepts…behind linear lighting workflows.…I hope you've achieved your learning goals…with this course, and thanks for watching.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Photometric lighting and gamma correction
- High dynamic range and exposure control
- Global illumination
- Exterior daylight
- Image-based lighting
- Atmospheric effects
- Geometric backdrops and self-illumination
- Hiding the background for compositing
- Interior daylight
- Studio soft lighting
- Importing photometric data
- Light and shadow exclusion
- Mapping light with Projector Map
- Lens Effects
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
2. Exterior Daylight
3. Photometric Interiors
Importing photometric data3m 48s
4. Studio Lighting and Effects
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.