Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of 3ds Max 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] The new interface skin…makes 3ds Max much more pleasant to work with, I think.…As we've seen, there are numerous new features as well,…most significantly, the keyframe tools and the ART renderer.…Motion graphic designers will find…the new text tools of special interest.…There were a couple of features that…we weren't able to cover in this course…for technical reasons.…In the animation menu, you'll find…a couple of new entries, namely offset controllers…and presets and these are designed…to allow you to transfer controllers among objects.…
Unfortunately, I did encounter some problems…at this time, so I decided not to cover those features.…By the time you watch this video,…those issues may have been resolved.…My advice is to keep 3ds Max updated,…install service packs when they're released…and hopefully, you'll avoid encountering bugs…and other issues.…I hope this course has fulfilled your learning needs…and thank you for watching.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.