Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video New UI elements and Quick Settings, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Along with the V-Ray toolbar,…Chaos Group have also added a number…of other UI enhancements in V-Ray 3…that are aimed at both simplifying…and speeding up rendering for artists…who are much more concerned with…producing a good looking render,…than they are with tweaking and fine tuning…every aspect of the render process.…The first of the two enhancements…that we will look at in this video…is the simplified UI layout,…that is now applied by default…to certain areas of the 3ds Max Render Settings dialogue.…In fact, if I go ahead and open that up using the F10 key,…and then jump, first of all, into the V-Ray tab,…you can see that in both the Global switches…and Color mapping roll-outs,…we have this color coded toggle button,…currently set to green, that says, "Basic."…This means that the roll-out is currently displaying…only the most important, or likely to be changed,…parameters that are housed here.…
If I click the button, however,…we get a color change, a text change,…but most importantly, a change in the number…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.