Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating in views, part of Learning RealFlow.
- ViewPort navigation in RealFlow…is conveniently identical to Maya.…If you're used to Maya, then you don't need…to learn any new keyboard shortcuts…to manipulate the view.…To move the camera left to right, and up and down,…hold down alt and the middle mouse button,…and we can position the camera.…To move forward and back, hold down alt,…and use the right mouse button,…dolly forward and back.…And to orbit or tumble around the scene,…hold down alt and use the left mouse button,…and we can spin the camera around the center of the screen.…
Likewise, we can use the same keyboard shortcuts…for any panel in RealFlow.…For example, the Relationship Editor here.…I can expand that, and with alt and middle mouse,…I can pan around, and with alt and right mouse,…I can zoom in and out.…That's an easy one, and of course,…if you're on the Mac, then the alt key…is also the option key.…You'll hold down option and use the…left, middle, and right mouse buttons…to navigate in RealFlow.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.