Adjust user point of view in 3D space.
- [Instructor] To change your point of view in the 3D world,…use the viewport navigation icons…at the lower right of the 3ds Max main window.…And that's way down here.…We've got viewport controls.…And they work in both orthographic…and perspective viewports,…but the controls will actually change…depending upon which type of viewport you're in.…The one you'll use first is probably pan,…which is move.…So, it looks like a little hand.…Click on pan,…and that allows you to move left and right…or up and down.…
And likewise in an orthographic view,…up and down or left and right.…If we move in the perspective view,…we're moving in a plain that's parallel…to the current view.…If we want to constrain that movement,…we can hold down the shift key and drag,…and we're moving only in left or right or…trucking left and right.…We can also hold down shift and drag up and down…to pedestal up and down or just move in the world Z access.…So, those are the pan controls.…Now, it's a little bit of a misnomer because…when we move around here in the perspective view…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.