Control track view Filters and Navigation
- [Voiceover] The animation Curve Editor and Dope Sheet…are collectively referred to as the Track Views.…They've both been updated.…Let's take a look at the Dope Sheet first.…Got a very simple animation here…of these objects just taking one bounce.…Let's open up the Graph Editor…Track View - Dope Sheet.…And all of the buttons of course have been refreshed,…we have new artwork here,…but these toolbars have not been touched at the top.…Down at the bottom, however, we've got a few changes.…
First we have better access…to the display filters down here.…And the only display filter that's on by default…is Selected Objects.…If you want to see a track displayed in the Dope Sheet,…you need to select the object in the view.…I'm going to turn that off,…and instead enable Filter Animated Tracks.…It's going to make it a little bit easier…for us to navigate.…One of the new buttons on the toolbar here…is Keyable Tracks Toggle.…That will allow you to selectively hide certain tracks.…
And it works in conjunction with the button up here,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.