Familiarize with new Curve Editor toolbars
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look…at the redesigned curve editor.…I'll open that from the main tool bar…and then maximize the window…and down at the bottom we have new tool bars…that were previously hidden by default.…They've been changed and adjusted to match the dope sheet.…For example, we've got out filters here.…We can turn off filter selected objects…and turn on filter animated tracks…and now only the animated tracks are displayed.…
If you want to open up this hierarchy…we can select the objects track…and then right-click and choose expand all.…And these are all of our animated curves.…Once we've got something on the screen,…we can now look at the navigation tools…in the lower right corner here.…I'll select Sphere001 Z Position…and then use the keyboard shortcuts in order to…just change the view.…Ctrl-Alt and middle mouse,…drag to change the zoom horizontally and vertically.…
And then simply middle mouse to position.…Select some keys…and then down here we can frame horizontally or vertically.…On the left is frame horizontal,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.