Use keyboard shortcuts to move interactively.
- [Instructor] 3ds Max has a very useful technique…for navigating in a perspective or camera view port,…and that's known as walkthrough mode.…It allows you to navigate…just like you're in a virtual environment,…in a game or simulation.…Walkthrough mode can be helpful for previewing…an actual walkthrough animation,…or for setting camera framings.…To activate walkthrough mode,…go into a perspective or camera view port,…and in the lower right corner,…in the view port navigation controls,…there's a hand icon labeled pan view.…
Click and hold that button.…You'll get a fly out, and choose the icon…that looks like a walking person.…And now you're in walkthrough mode,…and you've also chosen the walkthrough button…to be visible from that fly out.…Click and drag in a perspective or camera view,…and you'll be able to pan and tilt in that view.…Walkthrough mode uses keyboard shortcuts for all commands.…The first one we'll see is how to level the camera,…and the keyboard shortcut for that…is shift and spacebar.…
And now the tilt rotation is reset.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.