Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying the structure shape, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] Now that we have added grass,…I see the problem that the grass has repetition…over a large area and everything is green.…I believe that when I render out this scene, this will be…a huge area here which will have repeating green color.…So let's just break this monotony by adding the flowers…in random areas with trying to being as natural as possible.…Now another thing you must keep in mind is that…the modification process regarding the mesh…or adding some props or other stuff…into your scene never ends.…
As you move along, add your lights and other elements…such as the grass to your scene, you may need to make…some modifications to your scene.…For instance, now I believe that the front is pretty…straight after, though I have finished my modeling part,…but when I look at my reference image here,…it's kind of slightly curved and bulkier at the edges.…So let's just fix that by going into the front viewport…and I will select this lower part.…Now I have a very quick way of fixing this…by selecting this and pressing F4…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 10m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.