This viideo shows how to perform basic modifications to materials within KeyShot. George shows how to change color and specularity, among others.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our basic materials applied,…we can go ahead an start to modify those…to get exactly the look that we want.…We can do this by editing the materials themselves.…Let me show you how to do this.…We're going to go ahead and start with the cap.…As you can see, the cap of this bottle here…has a material on it, which is called…Hard Shiny Plastic Red.…We can hop over to the Materials Panel…and double click on that.…This gives us the material attributes.…
For example, we have the type of material…in this case it's plastic, but we don't have…to have it as plastic.…We can change it to, say, Diffuse…or we can change it to…Thin Film, which would completely change the look of it.…But we do want to keep this at Plastic…and then we can also change the color of this.…The color that I'm looking for is…a reddish orange.…Let's go ahead and click on Diffuse.…
Let's go ahead and change the color.…Actually, I want to make it more of a reddish magenta,…not so much a reddish orange.…Something around that color.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2016)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.