Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the wheels detail, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Narrator] Continuing on with our…drive wheel creation then.…Let's engage edges of object mode,…select one of the edges running across the thickness…of our cylinder, and press Alt + R to select the ring.…Then, coming into the Loop panel on the ribbon,…Shift click on the Connect tool.…Inside our perspective viewport,…let's hit the Alt and W keys so as to get a better view,…and then set the number of segments to two.…Now, we may need to press F3 here…in order to see where the edges are going to be connected,…and then adjust the pinch value until our edges…are pushing toward the outside of the cylinder.…
So a pinch value of about 60 should work just fine for us,…after which we can click Okay.…Next, we want to add another Edit Poly modifier.…In fact, let's quickly go ahead…and rename our first Edit Poly, calling it Connect.…And the second we will call Extrude.…Jumping into polygon sub-object mode,…let's click to select one of the polygons…in the center here, which is where…we will want our teeth to be,…and then, holding down the Shift key,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.