Draw a spline floor plan and create thickness with Extrude.
- [Instructor] Concluding our chapter on spline modeling,…let's do a little bit of interior architecture.…I'm going to cerate some lines and rectangles…and extrude them up with a modifier to create walls.…This is the preferred workflow.…There is a walls primitive in 3ds Max,…but I don't recommend that you use it.…The line-based workflow is much more flexible…and much less likely to give you issues,…especially if you need to perform…operations such as Booleans…to cut holes for doors and windows.…
In a previous movie, I created an image plane…for this office floor plan…that we see in the top veiwport here.…In this scene I've also got some columns loaded in.…Those are x-reffed in.…Let's just hide those.…I'll open up the layer explorer…from its button on the main toolbar.…And in the layer explorer we see…that the columns layer is visible,…so let's turn that off and make it invisible.…Maximize the top view port.…Click in that view and use alt-W to maximize the view.…
Zoom in with the wheel…and pan around with the middle mouse button.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.