Generate 3D beveled objects
- [Voiceover] The Bevel Profile Modifier is a way to convert…a 2D Spline into a 3D Extruded Object…with fancy and custom corners and edges.…For example, we could create a 3D flying logo from…this curve.…Let's select it, and then go into the Modify panel.…And from the Modifier List choose Bevel Profile.…It's been updated in this version of 3D SMX.…We can still use the old version by going back to the…Classic Mode here.…And in this mode, you can create an external curve…and use that to control the shape by choosing Pick Profile…here and then clicking on the curve.…
But there's really no need to do that because we have…a Curve Editor built directly into the Improved Modifier.…I'm gonna go back to the Improved Mode.…Let's give it some Extrude Depth here by increasing the…Extrude Value.…We can give it a positive value or a negative value.…And our Beveled or Chamfered Edges will remain at the front…of the object.…You can get in real close on this.…Hit F4 on the keyboard to view edged faces.…And we can change that Extrude value.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.