Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the tread assembly frame, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this video…we're going to set about creating the frame…for our tread assembly that will ultimately…be copied and sources on either side of the robot here.…To get started,…let's select the high poly reference mesh we are using…into isolate mode and then use the zoom extends all command…in order to frame ourselves up.…In the create tab on the command panel…we're going to make use of the two primitive…and so let's left click and drag in the right view port,…so as to set our initial radius,…letting go of the mouse button,…we can drag down to set the inner radius.…
And left click to lock that into place.…And then by dragging up, we can set the height.…And again click to lock that into place…with a right click ending the creation process.…It really doesn't matter what settings…we have ended up with here because we're obviously…going to want to adjust them to suit our needs.…In the modify panel there.…Let's come to the radius one value…and set this to 6.49 centimeters.…Radius two we can set at 7.5 centimeters.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.