In this video, the juice inside the glass can again be modelled using the Line tool to create a basic shape outline. Additionally, by using the Lathe modifier, the basic 2D shape outline can then be converted into a 3D model.
- [Instructor] Now we are going to model…the juice inside the glass.…I will select my glass.…And in my Modify panel, I will change the name to Glass,…then solo this out by pressing Alt, Q,…and maximizing my Perspective view port, here.…I will press Control, V, and make sure that Copy is selected…and I will just rename it as Glass_Juice and hit Okay.…And again, press Alt, Q, to solo this out.…So I am currently selecting my Glass_Juice.…I'm going to delete the mass mode…and delete the edit poly on top of the shell.…
So I'm left with the shell modifier.…And making sure that the Select Interfaces…are checked in here.…With that, I will apply a fresh…edit poly modifier on top of that…and I will go to the Polygon mode.…And the inner polygons are selected here.…I will press Control, I, to select the inverted polygons…and hit delete to delete out everything else.…I'll turn off the edit poly for a second…and press M on my keyboard to open the Material Editor…and apply a material to my juice.…
Now, if I apply a mass mode over here,…
- Setting up shortcuts for the user interface
- Creating the basic lights
- Reviewing the basics of V-Ray material
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
- Adjusting materials
- Adding background elements
- Color correcting objects
- Using PixelSquid models
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 59m Intermediate
1. Modeling Scene Assets
2. Creating Lights and Materials
3. Compositing Render Passes in Photoshop
Important notes3m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.