Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling an environment sphere, part of Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
…The Solidworks CAD model from Gabriel Corbett did not have a wrist band, and so…I had to model that so we would have something to render for this course.…This is not a modeling course, so I'm not going to go over how I modeled…the wrist band, but it was done with…polygon modeling and just simple subdivision surface techniques.…Nothing fancy.…If you feel like you need a refresher on modeling, then I suggest you…look at some of the other courses here in the Lynda.com online training library.…But in this case, I just created the model for us,…and usually that's what will happen when you receive a product.…
It will not need any modeling work dune to it.…Okay, so I've created this wrist band and I've put it on the display layer and…also linked it to the helper objects, so…it's attached to the rest of the hierarchy.…We want to do now is to create an environment, and this is going to be a…super simple environment because we're just going to…render a watch against a simple white background, but…we need some shiny reflections here on the…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with Maya? Check out Creating Product Shots in Maya.
- Importing solid models as 3ds Max body objects
- Working with the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Building Arch & Design materials
- Creating area and photometric lights
- Setting exposure control
- Optimizing indirect illumination with Final Gather
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Lighting with self-illuminated geometry
- Rendering to high dynamic range
- Saving render passes with Render Elements
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
Controlling Final Gather3m 57s
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.