Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Meshing at render time with RenderKit, part of Learning RealFlow.
- As we saw in Chapter 2, we can mesh…a particle system to create a sequence of mesh objects.…We could import that into a 3D program,…such as Maya, using the RealFlow plugin.…You'll see here we have the ability…to import a BIN mesh sequence.…And if we did that, we could render in any renderer.…However, those BIN mesh sequences are very heavy on disk,…and if you're rendering in mental ray,…you can avoid that step by meshing at render time…using the RenderKit plugin.…
I'll go to the RenderKit tab on the shelf here,…and you can see we have the option…to import a mesher object.…Click on that button and navigate to…RealFlow_projects/Chapter_5/05_04_renderkit/particles…and choose the first BIN file in the sequence.…This is a much heavier sequence…than the one in the last exercise.…This is going to be about 300 megabytes of data.…Click Load.…
And if we scrub through,…in the timeline we will see some particles.…To get at the attributes for those particles,…go to the Attribute Editor with the Particles selected,…and you'll see it's of the node type RK Mesh,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.