Import one .MAX scene into another.
- [Instructor] To combine 3D models in a scene,…use the merge command for 3DS Max dot MAX scene files.…I've got this fancy reception desk…that I've built out of chamfer boxes and such,…and I've placed it into a group.…Select that, and we can see,…on the command panel, that it's a group.…And also I've placed it into its own display layer.…So I'll open up the display layers,…by going to the layer explorer,…and it's in its own layer called reception desk.…
I'm going to dock the layer explorer…back to the command panel where it was before.…So just drag that over, and then drop it.…And if it shows up as a tab here,…we can switch between it and the command panel,…or we can drag and drop it.…Let's grab the textured bar again, drag it out,…and then drop it down at the bottom here.…And that's where it was before.…Alright, so that way, the next time I open that,…it'll be in its default location.…And then I'll just close that layer explorer.…
So this object is ready to be imported into another scene.…It's in its own group, and it's also in a display layer.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.