Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Mattes, masks, and alpha channels, part of 3ds Max: Rendering for Compositing in V-Ray Next.
- Now, Will Steward has already noted going to be looking … into the art of compositing itself … in this particular course, there are nevertheless … a handful of compositing techniques, tools, … and related terminologies that are so essential … to our working with a composite based workflow, … that it does make sense for us to at least touch on them, … right at the outset with the subject of … mattes, masks and alpha channels, perhaps being … amongst the more important. … Rather than trying to give you a technical breakdown … of what each of these related terms mean though, … especially as they are somewhat interchangeable, … it would perhaps be easier for us to just think of them … at this point as all being ways in which we can isolate … the various parts of an image or sequence of images … in either an automated or semi automated way. … Now we can of course, isolate parts of an image … using more manual tools inside a compositing application, … if needed with one technique for doing that …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.