In this video, discover how when learning to use the REs you get from V-Ray, one of the most basic skills is being able to accurately recreate the beauty render that V-Ray has already given you. 3ds Max is a platform from which you can then build as you make creative changes in post to the images that you have produced.
- [Instructor] Having already seen how we can take control … of some fairly typical beauty pass channels … in a compositing workflow, … and add a few simple tweaks to the compositing when needed. … What we want to do in this chapter is dive a little deeper … into some of the other render element options … that are available in V-Ray Next and 3ds max … showing how we could with just a little bit of work, … take control of almost any aspect of the scenes … and objects that we are working with. … Firstly, then we will spend a little time on our promised … closer look at the automated mat or masking options … that are on offer these including the various ID options, … the MultiMat element, as well as … the extremely powerful Cryptomatte element. … After which we will consider a few of the other … useful elements available such as the Extra Texture, … Zed or Z depth and Velocity options. … Finally, we will finish the chapter off … with a look at a couple of quality control elements … that can be used to help bring our final deliverables …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.