Apply a vector image file as a map.
- [Instructor] In the chapter on Spline modeling,…we saw how to import vector art to splines…in order to, for example, extrude an Illustrator document…into 3D type.…3ds Max also supports vector art as textures.…And I recommend that you save out to a .svg…or scalable vector graphics document.…3ds Max allegedly supports Illustrator documents…directly as textures,…but I've found some incompatibility issues with that,…so I do recommend that you just…bake your Illustrator document out to an SVG.…
And I've provided that with the exercise files…for the course.…And I've got a test object,…just a simple box here,…and a material assigned.…It's a physical material.…Let's add the vector art map,…and that's found in the material map browser…under Maps, General, Vector Map.…Drag that over…and connect it to the base color of the material,…and then with that material node selected,…enable show shaded material in viewport.…
Now we just see a preview.…We haven't actually assigned a map yet.…So double click on the vector map node…and choose a vector file.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.