Connect a bitmap to a material.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we saw how easy it was to apply a 3D procedural map.…Now let's look at 2D maps,…and in particular, file maps or bitmaps.…I've got some files on disc that I want to use…in my shading network here.…I can create a couple of bitmap nodes.…Just go over to the Material Map Browser…to the Maps, General section, drag a bitmap into the view,…and we get a Select Bitmap Image File dialog.…
And it takes us to the current project, sceneassets\images.…And if we're using a project folder with relative paths,…then we should place all of our textures…or dependent image files inside sceneassets\images.…So I've got wood_panels_thin_base_2048x2048.…Click Open, and that image is loaded into that bitmap node.…I'll now connect that to the base color…of this wood paneling material that I created previously.…
And that material is assigned…to the interior wall of the office.…So that I can see the map on there…with that physical material node selected,…enable Show Shaded Material in Viewport…on the Material Edit toolbar.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.