Manage materials stored in sample slots.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie we saw that…scene materials are listed in their own section…in the Material Map Browser…but that we can have additional nodes…in the view or graph here…that are not assigned in the scene.…And you might think that would be a way…that you could build up a library.…Maybe just have a tab here that had…lots and lots of nodes kind of stored there.…We could even make another tab.…We could right-click up here and create a new view…and now we have two from which to choose…and you might think, again,…that you could just fill this up with stuff.…
However, eventually you'll run into some performance issues…and really I don't recommend…using this…editing area as a storage zone.…I'm going to delete that view actually.…I'm not going to use it.…Just delete it.…Go back to View1.…So if you want to store materials…that are not assigned onto objects…what should you do?…Well there's a section for that…called Sample Slots down here.…Now if you open this up sometimes you'll get some errors…and I did get a lot of errors this time.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.