Fine-tune Boolean models
- [Voiceover] The Boolean Explorer…is a version of the Scene Explorer…that's specifically tailored to manage Boolean operands.…You'll find it if you select a Boolean object…and go into its Modify panel…at the bottom of the Boolean Parameters roll-out.…You'll see a button labeled Open Boolean Explorer.…And from within here you can select an operand…and, for example, change its type.…Maybe we'll choose this sub-Boolean…and set that to Intersection,…set it back to Subtraction.…We can also disable and solo things here.…
For example, we could select one of these cylinders here,…and disable it.…You can see it's turned off here.…We could actually do the same thing…from the Modify panel.…We could select something,…and then right click on it and disable it,…or solo it, which would isolate it.…All right, turn Solo back off again…with the right click button.…The Boolean Explorer gives you…all of those options just displayed all at once…on the screen.…Let's now use the Boolean Explorer…in conjunction with the Scene Explorer…to add the rest of the teeth here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.