Organize objects into layers to manage display properties.
- [Instructor] A parallel method of…organizing 3D scenes is to place them…into display layers.…And that will allow you to show or hide…or freeze or unfreeze many objects…all at once.…The display layers are found in a window…called the layer explorer.…And it's a variation of the scene explorer.…I've got the scene explorer open over here.…I'm also going to open up…the layer explorer from the main toolbar…so click on toggle layer explorer.…
And by default it shows up on the Command panel…underneath all these other panels.…So it's docked down here.…I'm going to just undock that temporarily.…I've got my interface currently locked…so I'm going to unlock it from the Customize menu.…Just disable Lock UI Layout.…Then I can drag that layer explorer out…so that we can investigate it…a little bit more closely.…And I want to make it larger so I can expand it.…
And let's take a look.…So we've got one layer.…It's the default layer.…And that layer is active,…that's what this little blue icon is.…If I open up the layer itself I can see…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.