This video shows how manage KeyShot materials across multiple objects. George demonstrates how to apply materials to individual objects as well as swap out materials on multiple objects.
- [Instructor] As we start working with…more complex scenes,…we're going to have to worry about managing materials,…so that way the scene is still efficient.…So let's take a look at how to manage materials…across multiple objects.…So here I have our camera scene here,…and as you can see,…we've got a lot of different objects in here.…And if we go over to our project window here,…under Scene, you can see that we've got…a lot of parts here.…So if I open up, say, bellows assembly,…you'll see that we have all these different parts…and all of those have materials assigned to them.…
Now in this particular scene, a lot of these have…the Chrome Worn material applied to it.…Now if we wanted to change the material in…all of the objects, all we have to do is…select the material, say for example,…this black paint material,…and just drag it over.…So if I drag it over any one of those,…it'll go ahead and change all of those.…So if I drag it over in the Scene,…it will go ahead and change everything.…Now that's not really what I want.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.