Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the roof and walls from planks, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- Now that we have looked into how to create the plank,…I have gone ahead and created several variation…of the planks, as you can see here.…There isn't anything difficult or fancy I did.…Just the same way, I have cracks on both side…of this one, then a large crack here,…and a crack in the middle of this plank,…and then slightly breakage at two different ends…on this one, one large kind of crack here,…and breakage at three different points.…
Notice that I have kind of made…the edges irregular on most of these planks.…So I should be adding kind of more to the stylization.…This one I kept fairly straight,…and this one I kept for reusing later,…or if I want to have a perfect plank.…So once you have these variations,…and like I said, the variation I created the same way,…adding cut using the cut tool and then moving…the vertices inward and applying…a different smoothing group to the inner polygons.…
And this way I have achieved these variations.…Now, the next step would be to create planks for the roof,…and from that I mean these planks…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.