When creating the cuts on curved surfaces, we will mostly want to avoid making the cuts in the front view, as this may give us uneven or jagged cuts across our mesh. Instead, we will use the left view to create perfectly smoothed arching cuts across our mesh surface.
- [Instructor] Having taken the time…in the previous exercise to nicely line…up our shape so that it is ready…for us to use in the modeling process.…We need to add one more set of tweaks here…before we can go ahead and conform it to our helmet.…Coming into polygon sub object mode then,…let's select all of the polys in our shape…and scale things up by about 110%.…Next we want to open up the polygon's panel on the ribbon,…shift click to bring up the options caddy…for the in set tool and then create an in set here…of about 1.3 centimeters, clicking okay once we are done.…
As it is only this outside ring of polygons…that we really need let's delete the interior poly…and then press two to jump into edge sub object mode.…We want to select both sets of horizontal edges here,…come to the loop's panel on the ribbon…and click the connect button.…This just gives us an extra edge down the center…of each polygon that will help with our conform operation.…In fact to perform that we can come over…to our free form tab on the ribbon UI,…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.