Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Making colored and frosted glass, part of V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Training.
- Having seen how we can use the V-Ray Power Shader…to create a straightforward glass material,…we want to move our scene forward a little,…and take a look at how we would go about…adding some complexity by creating both colored…and frosted glass variations.…Well, one thing that we all certainly won't want to do…at this morning time is reinvent the proverbial wheel,…as it were, and start a new glass material from scratch.…Why should we, when we already have a perfectly good…jumping-off point, in the glass material…that we've already created.…In the Material Editor, then, I'm just going to hold down…my shift key, as I left mouse click and drag…on the existing champagne glass material,…in order to create a perfect duplicate of it.…
The first alteration I will want to make, is to rename it,…and as this is going to be applied to the aptly-named…blue glass vase geometry in our scene, Blue_Glass_Vase…seems like a perfectly good name for it.…Finally, let's go ahead and apply the material…to that piece of geometry.…
- Using the new UI elements, Quick Settings, and revamped Frame Buffer
- Understanding color mapping modes
- Adding V-Ray light types
- Working with the V-Ray Sun and Sky systems and dome light
- Using irradiance mapping and light cache
- Working with diffuse color maps
- Making reflective materials
- Creating a translucency effect
- Using the new SSS and skin shaders
- Ensuring quality with image sampling
- Working with the adaptive subdivision engine
- Controlling the physical camera
- Working with FX tools such as VRayFur and VRayMetaball
- Stereoscopic 3D rendering
- Using Render Mask
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Introduction and Important Information
1. Getting Ready to Render with V-Ray
2. Key Lighting Tools
3. Global Illumination
4. V-Ray Materials and Maps
5. Quality Control with Image Sampling
6. Working with Cameras
The V-Ray Physical Camera
V-Ray 3 & the 3ds Max Physical Camera
7. The V-Ray FX Tools
What's next?1m 47s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.