Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Making an active rigid body, part of Up and Running with RealFlow.
- RealWave can interact with both particles…and Caronte physics objects.…Let's import an object that we can…float on the surface of our ocean.…Go to the Geometry tab and click import.…And we are taken to the current project's object folder.…In my exercise file…RealFlow_projects, chapter_4, objects…I have placed jetski_to_import.sd.…That's a model that I created in Maya,…and it's not just a jet ski,…it's also a jet ski that has a proxy model.…
And that's just a very low-resolution object…that will calculate more quickly…for the purposes of simulation.…I want to mention that it's important…that the file name is not identical…to the name of any object in your scene.…If I named my file jetski…and then I also had an object called jetski…then this file would get overwritten…whenever I cache animation,…and strange things would happen.…Objects would start disappearing from my scene…and it would get kind of weird.…It's important, once again,…that the file name is not identical to name…of any object in the scene.…
Click that and then click Open.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.