Prevent move and rotate transforms.
- [Instructor] Once we have the framing that we like…we might want to lock the camera…in order to prevent accidental movement.…With a camera and target we want to lock the position.…If it's a free camera with no target…then we want to lock it's position and rotation.…This one's a target camera.…Let's select the target and the camera.…Click the target box in the top view…and hold down control and click the camera as well.…
Then go over to the hierarchy panel,…and choose Link Info.…And here we have locks for Move, Rotate, and Scale.…Once again, with a targeted camera…we don't need to worry about rotation.…We can just lock the movement of all three axis.…And now, if we select the camera or it's target,…grab the move tool, we can't move either one.…And we also can't do anything in the view port here…either with the keyboard shortcuts or the navigation icons.…
Let's look at the case of a camera without a target.…Select that camera, once again.…Go into the Modify panel and, this time,…up at the top, turn off Targeted.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.