Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Assuming that we have installed…the substance plug-in provided by Allegorithmic…into our 3ds Max set up,…as discussed in the previous chapter,…we are ready to make a start at using…Bitmap 2 Material 3 right here inside of Max.…With our start scene open, then,…let's select our ground geometry…hit the M key to open up the slate Material Editor…and then jump in to the empty Ground tab…that is being set up for us.…In the Material and Map Browser search field,…we can start to type the word substance…and then drag a Substance node onto the work area…once it appears in the list.…
We need one of these, because, as we say,…Bitmap 2 Material 3 is, in reality,…just a substance archive that has been set up…to perform some very specific and very clever…functions on the images that we feed into it.…To be able to use those functions,…we will need to double-click on the Substance…so as to load its parameters into the Editor window…and then click on the Load Substance button…that we see in the Substance Package browser roll-out.…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.