Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking to Realflow cache files, part of Learning RealFlow.
- Once you create a fluid simulation…in RealFlow and save it out to a disk cache,…you can easily load that cache…into your 3D application of choice.…For example, you can take a series…of particles and then load them…into Maya and shade them however you wish.…In my RealFlow_projects Chapter_5…05_03_realflow_cache, there is a Particles folder.…If I open that up, you'll see there is…a sequence of bin files.…This is a very simplified version…of the particles system exercise from chapter two.…
As you can see, the file sizes are very small…and the particle counts very low.…Let's load those particles into Maya.…I've got my faucet animation here.…Within any 3D application supported by RealFlow,…in the RealFlow plug-in you will find…a button that will allow you to load…a bin sequence in.…Here it's labeled Create a particle system…which uses a RealFlow emitter.…I'll click on that.…
I need to navigate to where the particle cache…is on my hard drive…under RealFlow_projects\chapter_5\05_03…realflow_cache\particles.…Select the first file in the sequence…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.