In this video, learn how to examine both the overall project and current shot goals to decide which elements will be needed before outputting any render elements in 3ds Max.
- Having given ourselves an introduction … to some of the basic concepts … and options open to us when rendering for compositing … in V-Ray next for 3DS Max, … what we want to do in this chapter is take a closer look … at some of the essential render elements … that we will need to work with, … given that more familiarity with the tools … can only help improve the work that we do. … Specifically, in this instance we'll look to work … with what I would like to call the base render elements … that are often times required … in order to rebuild a typical scene in a composite. … Doing so in a way that matches the beauty pass … that originally came out of V-Ray itself. … The end goal here being to come away … with a foundational knowledge … of what the render elements themselves do. … So, a technical understanding but also at least a bit … of an insight in to how we might … go about compositing back together again in Photoshop. … Although, everything we will look at here … could just as easily be accomplished …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.