Begin to collect objects into hierarchies and layers in this video.
- [Instructor] Once the model assets…are loaded into the rendering application,…the process of layout can begin.…Layout is simply the process…of placing objects within the 3D world.…It might involve set dressings,…such as adding plants and household objects to an interior.…Layout could also encompass a first pass…at lighting or materials.…Another aspect of layout is organizing…scene assets in different ways.…CAD data is often very complex…with many different objects,…such as parts of an automobile or building.…
It becomes very important to organize…these many parts in some logical fashion…otherwise it can be difficult and time consuming…to perform tasks, such as selection…and manipulation of objects.…Scenes can be organized in several ways.…The most familiar of these for CAD designers…is the system of display layers.…Objects are placed inside logical containers called layers,…a term inherited from 2D programs, such as Photoshop.…In the context of 3D, a layer is an abstract concept,…a method of assigning properties to objects.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.