Apply multiple deformer modifiers.
- [Instructor] One of the innovative aspects…of 3ds Max when it was first released…was the concept of the modifier stack…which allows you to layer effects…with a metaphor similar to that…of a 2D image processing program,…except of course, the modifier stack is in 3D.…We've got a taper deformer on the base for the monitor.…So let's layer a band on top of that…and bend the stand upward to meet the screen.…
Let's select the box object that we created…in the previous movie and go to the modify panel…and rename it.…We'll call it monitor stand.…And now we're going to layer the effects…by adding a band modifier.…And when you add a modifier,…your currently selected position…of where you are in the stack makes a difference.…If I select the box, then when I add a modifier,…it will be added above the box.…Let's add the modifier above the taper…and choose it from the list:…Modifier List, Bend.…
Here it is, Bend.…And we need to have some non-zero amount for the angle.…So let's play with that.…Just give it some non-zero amount.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.