Landscaping can also have lighting for things such as paths and water features. In this video, learn how to add light to the water feature as well as the paths.
- [Instructor] Now let's finish up … by adding some landscape lighting. … If we take a look at an IPR, … I'm going to go into Render Set-up, start IPR, … you'll see that the front of this building … is really kind of non-existent in terms of lighting. … So we have this water effect here, … this water feature that should be back lit, … and so this will add a lot of light into the scene. … And then we also have these lights along the path … which we might not be able to see, … but we could certainly see them in the view port. … And those would be these here. … So let's go ahead and start off with the water. … So I'm going to go into my perspective view … and let's just get that water into view here. … And it's going to be this object here. … It looks a little green but it will show up … in the render here. … So I'm going to go ahead … and select an empty material editor slot, … pick material from object, … and I want to pick this kind of rectangular object … that says water. … When I click on this you'll see …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.