Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Killing particles with k Volume, part of Learning RealFlow.
- Because of the way that RealFlow caches data,…we'll have some special considerations when…dealing with the project files for the course here,…namely that if you open a scene file, the cache that you see…may not correspond to that scene file.…In other words, if you press Simulate…on version number 0205 for example,…and then open up version 0204,…the cache you will see will be the latest cache…that you created.…
It also means that if you open up a scene file…that I've provided for you, the cache may not…be there at all.…So your options are really either open up a scene file…and then reset and re-simulate each time,…or simply keep the same scene file open…and basically don't close it, and that way…your caches will basically be consistent.…Well basically now I've got version 0206_kill_volume…and it has an existing cache and you can see it there.…
What I want to do is add an effect here…and I want to see the effect happen more quickly…and calculate more quickly.…I'm going to reduce the resolution of my fluid.…Go to the Circle Emitter and just knock the resolution down…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.