Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Killing particles with k Age, part of Learning RealFlow.
- To speed our simulation and to prevent particles…from building up in the scene,…let's kill them by age.…It's very simple, just go to the Daemons tab,…and click k Age.…That get's created, select it go into it's Node Params,…and change the life parameter.…That's a number of frames which a particle will live.…Set this to a value of 30 frames,…which currently is two seconds.…And then I can vary the death time of each particles,…so that they don't all have the same life-span.…
I'll give a Variation of 15 frames.…This means that any given particle will now live…30 plus or minus 15 frames, for a range of 15 to 45 frames.…Very good. Now we can also kill off…some of the particles at the edges here.…And you can see some of these particles falling over…the sides. We can just kill those before they have a…chance to become a problem.…Create another deamon for k Volume.…Click k Volume, there it is.…
Let's go into it's Node Params under display,…just hide the icon. Click show icon, set that to No.…Won't be distracted by that. And then in the Node section,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.