Animate pan rotation with a Path Constraint.
- [Narrator] The simplest, most elegant…and most easily controlled method…for adding rotations to an object on a path…is quite often simply animating the rotations manually.…That is certainly the case for a simple situation here…in which we're only rotating in one axis.…And once again, that's the pan axis for the camera.…On frame zero, select the camera,…choose the Rotate tool and set it to…Gimbal reference coordinate system.…
And rotate the camera…so that it looks into the living room.…And that'll be our initial position and rotation.…Scrub in the timeline down to about frame 100.…And that's when we want to start rotating,…to take in the other part of the loft here,…the dining and kitchen area.…I want to anticipate going around this curve…so I'll begin rotations a little bit early on frame 100.…Enable AutoKey and you can just wiggle that object,…just rotate it a little bit…and you'll create a key frame there.…
Then go down in the timeline…to let's say, frame 250 or so…and rotate to point the camera.…Go down a bit more to frame 360 maybe,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.