Animate position side to side.
- [Instructor] To easily animate a tracking shot or a truck…from left or right, in a diagonal relative to the world grid…the most optimal way to do that is to create a simple rig,…using a helper object as the parent of the camera.…And we did that in the previous movie and we're ready now…to animate the camera.…I've got it here, I can select it in the top view and choose…the Move tool and make sure that we have Parent…as the reference coordinate system.…
Turn on AutoKey, go down to frame 120 on the timeline,…and click and drag on the X axis to position the camera.…Release the mouse and keyframes are created on frame 0…and frame 120.…Turn off AutoKey and open up the Curve Editor…from the main toolbar here.…And this time if we choose the option to frame horizontal…and value extents for the selected curves, we see only…one of them is animated.…
And it's the X axis of the camera.…If we select Y and Z position here, they're flatlined.…Let's delete those keyframes just to keep things simple.…CTRL select Y and Z position in the list, drag a rectangle…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.