Animate position and rotation up and down.
- [Voiceover] Our next compound camera animation…will be a pedestal tilt, that will simulate the effect…of someone sitting down at the dinner table, here.…Once again, I've got the camera linked to a helper object.…And once again, I do want to set up the curve editor…to keyframe only certain transforms.…Select the camera,…and open up the curve editor from the main toolbar.…And, on my system, I have filter selected objects enabled,…and filter animated tracks disabled.…
And because the camera is selected,…I can see its transform tracks.…I'll enable keyable icons from the view menu,…keyable icons.…And we want to position in Z,…so I'll disable keyable for X and Y position.…Now, rotations get a little bit confusing,…because the color coding in the viewports…and the naming convention here in the curve editor…don't actually match.…
But you can establish which channel you want…to leave keyable here, by considering that…the rotation order is,…the bottom-most one is the most important.…And I've set up the access order in the motion panel,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.